Anyway, we have been sneaking some unofficial school stuff in.
- We did a bit of reading in The Boxcar Children, and a little handwriting on Monday.
- I also had been away for the weekend and Dad had read out of The Boxcar Kids, so I asked Ian to tell me about the story that I missed. He did a really good job of recounting it!
- Also we went to the library yesterday and he spent some time on the computer there, doing some puzzles.
- I found a neat little phonics book at the library, that we looked at today.
- We took out the Leapfrog Talking Words Factory from the library and spent time watching that today. Ian was thrilled that he could read all the words that rhyme with "at", and I think he learned a few more.
- In the bath, I broke out the bathtub crayons and we practiced writing our last name, and did some artwork.
- Ian colored a postcard for his cousin's birthday, and wrote a message on the back.
- We started taking part in Sonlight's OneVerse project, which teaches kids about other cultures and the difference having a Bible makes in the lives of people.
And so, even though I feel like I'm now behind with the homeschool timeline, I can at least feel that Ian is still learning. And thus, I have salved my conscious for the day. :)